Andrejs Upīts Memorial Museum Flat 4, 38 Brīvības Street (3rd floor)
In 2014 you are welcome to visit the museum and learn about its diverse offerings:
• The uniqueness and contradiction of Andrejs Upīts’ personality. A narration of the writer’s life and works.
• Andrejs Upīts’ creative laboratory–library, The huge role of books in the expansion of writer’s insight and knowledge.
• The literary work of Andrejs Upīts in the 1950s and 1960s.
• The writer’s residence in the context of the history of bohemian Riga of the 1920s and 1930s. A tour and a virtual walk around the places where the bars used to be located in Riga and their representation in the novels by Andrejs Upīts.
• The apartment of Andrejs Upīts – witness of an era. The stories furniture and art objects can tell.
• The pages of love in the book on Andrejs Upīts’ life.
We kindly ask you to register for group visits a few days in advance:
Tel.: +371 67289767
Andrejs Upīts Memorial House and Garden in Skrīveri, 58 Daugavas Street:
The exhibition In the Carriage Together with Mr Brīviņš takes place in the museum
– The life and work of Andrejs Upīts in the 1920s and 1930s;
– Tour through the places depicted in the novel Green Land (Zaļā zeme) (group tours by request; please register for the tour 10 days in advance by phone +371 65197221);
– The educational program Getting to Know the Trees in Andrejs Upīts’ Garden (please register for the program five days in advance).